- tiramisu strawberry and cream
- Strawberry Tiramisu
A couple of weeks ago I was in Brooklyn at the Sunday Suppers loft for a food + style photography workshop with Bea from La Tartine Gourmande.
You can read my story about that here.
As part of the workshop we made and assembled individual strawberry tiramisu cups. Layers of tasty perfection topped with crushed pistachios.
These are the pictures I took during the workshop playing around with light, props and fabrics.
Recipe by: Bea from La Tartine Gourmande
Servings: 4 people
2 Limes for zest and juice
14 oz strawberries, diced finely
6 tablespoons of raspberry liqueur (optional)
8 tablespoons of blond cane sugar
2 large eggs, separated
9 ounces of mascarpone cheese
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
8 lady fingers, crumbled
A few unsalted pistachios, chopped coarsely
1. Zest the limes and squeeze the juice
2. In a bowl mix the strawberries with lime juice and zest, the raspberry liqueur and 4 tablespoons of fine cane sugar. Cover and place in the fridge.
3. In another bowl, beat the egg yolks with the mascarpone, vanilla extract and the rest of the sugar.
4. Whip the egg whites firm with a pinch of sea salt. fold them into the mascarpone cream; set aside
Now for the layering:
5. Take individual glasses and layer the bottom with strawberries.
6. Add a layer of crumbled ladyfingers (use 2 ladyfingers per glass) and add a bit of strawberry juice
7. Then, add a layer of mascarpone cream
8. Continue with another layer of strawberries, crumbled ladyfingers, strawberry juice and finish with mascarpone cream.
9. Place the glasses in the fridge for a few hours or even over night.
10. When ready to serve, decorate with crushed pistachios.