There are times when I want something light to eat for dinner because we’ve had a big lunch.
This version of Insalata Carprese is fresh and flavorful. To add a bit more substance I layer thin sheets of prosciutto di parma and toss it with fresh arugula.
I also add a bit of lemon to the mix and toss with olive oil. There’s so much flavor with the combination of tomatoes, arugula, mozzarella di bufala, and the proscuitto di parma. Its nice to warm up a baguette of bread and pour yourself a glass of good Tuscan Red wine.
Insalata Caprese with Prosciutto di Parma and Arugula
10 Roma Tomatoes (or vine tomatoes) sliced
1 bag or box of Arugula
2 balls of Mozzarella di Bufala
12 paper thin slices of Prosciutto di Parma
1 small lemon
Olive oil for tossing
Salt to your taste
1. Slice the Roma tomatoes
2. Slice the Mozzarella di Bufala
3. In a medium bowl toss the arugula with Olive Oil and juice from 1 small lemon
4. Place the tossed arugula on plates or bowls
5. Layer the sliced tomatoes and mozzarella di bufala between each other on top of the Arugula.
6. Next arrange the paper thin slices of prosciutto di parma around the edge of the plate.
Serve with a warm crusty baguette and your favorite red wine. I think it goes swell with a good Tuscan Red Wine.