This is a tasty dish to make during the week or when entertaining friends and family.
I love the combination of lemon and capers with a Panko crunch.
It’s easy because you can pull it together quickly for the weekday and nice for entertaining because you can prep before guests arrive and pop in the oven once they are there (or 5 minutes before they arrive).
I serve the chicken over orzo pasta that has been tossed with olive oil and parmigiano cheese with my Arugula and Cherry Tomato Salad.
4 Chicken Breast Cutlets
(make sure the breast is split into a cutlet – ask the butcher to do this)
1 Small Jar of Capers (Alessi Balsamic Capers is what I like to use)
Note: If you are making this recipe with 6 or more cutlets get the big jar of Alessi Balsamic Capers
1 to 2 Cups of Panko Breadcrumbs seasoned with salt
4 (or more) Lemons Juiced and ready to use
Olive Oil for pan searing
Salt & Pepper for flavoring
1. In a skillet add oil & heat.
2. In a bowl beat the eggs and add salt and pepper to your liking and set aside. In another bowl or plate mix Panko bread crumbs and salt.
Note: Setup stations starting with Chicken Cutlets, Egg Mixture, Panko, your skillet on the range, then your Pyrex next to that.
3. Dip the chicken in the egg until all covered.
4. Transfer to the Panko breadcrumb plate and cover on both sides.
5. Place the chicken in the skillet to sear on both sides.
6. Place in a Pyrex dish
7. Continue to do this until all of the chicken is seared on both sides and in the Pyrex dish.
8. Next drain the jar of capers and set aside.
9. Pour the juice from the lemon evenly over the chicken.
10. Lastly sprinkle the entire jar of capers on top of the chicken.
Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for about 20 to 25 minutes.