I’ve been very busy lately and not very creative in the kitchen, which is where I like to be.
With Spring Break, Bridal Showers and other commitments it’s been hard to try new things.
So to get back into the swing of things I decided to challenge myself by cooking simple and easy menu options that I can pull together fast.
I was inspired a bit on our Spring Break.
I had a wilted salad that was very tasty. I decided to try a version of it at home with spinach, cranberries and some pine nuts. It turned out nice and will be something I know I will make often.
Note: If your in a pinch it goes well with the prepared Lemon Rotisserie Chicken. I love the one from Whole Foods!
Wilted Spinach and Cranberry Salad with Pine nuts
2 and a half bunches of baby spinach stems trimmed (or a container of spinach)
1 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup white onion finely diced / minced (don’t use chunks)
4 garlic cloves (minced)
1/4 cup of dried cranberries
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup of pine nuts
Salt to taste
(you can also crumble goat cheese on top)
1. In a wok or saute pan cook the onions until translucent in the olive oil.
2. Add in the garlic and move it around the pan to be sure it doesn’t burn for about a minute.
3. Next add the Balsamic Vinegar.
4. Bring to a boil and reduce mixture to half.
5. Add Spinach leaves and cook until wilted (2-5 minutes).
6. Move spinach to serving bowl.
7. Add pine nuts and dried cranberries to spinach and mix together. Salt to taste.
8. Serve warm.