- Mini Blackberry Tarts The Tasteful Life
- Blackberry Tartlets
- Mini Blackberry Tartlets
There are tons of blackberries in the stores so I decided to make Mini Blackberry Tarts.
It was incredibly tasty and adorable to look at. That’s why I love bakery’s so much. I love to see the tiny confections and baked goods they dream up.
Now, I never really thought about making them on my own until recently. I used the Italian pie crust recipe, fruit preserves, and blackberries with sprinkled sugar. That’s it!
I think this would also be a fun dessert to make with friends or even children. Let them fill in their own preserves and berries.
Here’s what you will need to do to make it happen.
NOTE: I used 12 mini pie shells
Italian Pie Crust Recipe: First make the Authentic Italian Pie Crust
Ingredients for the filling
1 Jar of fruit preserve ( you won’t use the entire jar)
I like to use a 4 fruit combination from St. Dalfour
2 containers of blackberries
Sugar to sprinkle on top
1. Butter the bottom and edges of all your tiny pie pans so the crust doesn’t stick
2. After you pull the dough out of the refrigerator you will pull off enough dough for each tart pan and roll it into a disk
3. Flatten the disk of dough and spread into the tart pan making your edges even
4. Next spoon a shallow layer of preserve into the tiny pans and spread around the bottom
5. Now add 1 layer of blackberries onto of the jam
6. Sprinkle with sugar and put them on a baking tray
7. Once all tart pans are completed bake them in the oven at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes or until the crust turns a nice light golden color
8. Take them out and let them cool before you serve about 20 minutes
These little treats are perfect with ice cream or served alone with tea and coffee!