My mother and I had a conversation the other day about simple things that are complicated to pull together in the kitchen. One that we both agreed on is biscuits from scratch.
I searched for a good biscuit recipe and found one and tried it 2 times. Every time I ended up with flat biscuits. Each time I modified the ingredients and made adjustments but they were still not coming out right. Finally 2 weeks later and after 2 rounds of baking the third try came out perfect.
I served these tasty biscuits with brie and fig jam and they were delightful. Now I am going to share this full proof biscuit recipe with you.
Cream Biscuit Recipe:
2 Cups of Self Rise Flour
1 Teaspoon of Salt
1 Teaspoon of Sugar
1 Teaspoon of Baking Powder
1 Cup of Heavy Whipping Cream
1. A large baking sheet lined with foil and sprayed with a baking spray so they don’t stick
2. A round biscuit cutter or a cup to make the biscuits
3. Preheat the oven to 500 degrees
1. In a large bowl add the self rise flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder
2. Slowly add in the heavy whipping cream mixing in the dry ingredients
3. Once you have it all mixed together in a ball sprinkle a little flour over it and smooth it out so it is not sticky
4. Kneed the ball for about 1 minute
5. Pat the dough out onto a surface in the shape of a circle that is about 1/2 inch thick
6. Use a round biscuit cutter or cup to make your circles, make sure they are about 1/2 inch thick
7. Put them on your baking sheet about 1 inch apart from each other
8. Bake in the oven for about 5 to 7 minutes at 500 degrees