This recipe has been in our family for generations and I am happy to share it with you so that you can pass it on and share with your family and friends.
1 1/2 Cups of Unsalted European Butter
3/4 Cup of Confectioners' Sugar (powder sugar)
1 1/2 Cups of Ground Almonds
5 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
3 Cups of Sifted All Purpose Flour
1/4 Teaspoon of Salt
1/3 Cup of Confectioners' Sugar for rolling (powder sugar)
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C)
2. Cream the butter in a bowl and gradually add the powder sugar, and salt.
3. Beat until light and fluffy.
4. Add the almonds and vanilla extract and blend.
5. Next add the flour and mix all together.
6. Shape into balls or what ever design you need. I use a spoon scoop out the amount I need to keep it all the same size.
7. Place them on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for about 15 to 20 minutes.
8. Let them cool and then roll them in the powder sugar and they are done!
Provenzano Family Recipe for Italian Wedding Cookie
The cookies store well and freeze well too!